The vast majority of businesses now have a website or other online presence, and it seems to be expected among consumers that this will be the case. However, should you try promoting online, and how will it benefit you in the short and long term?
1. Promoting your company online makes your services accessible to a much wider audience. You are no longer limited to the local population, and can instead offer your products, services and expertise to the entire country, or even the world. For the majority of people, location is not an issue when choosing a company.
2. Businesses without a website have far less exposure to potential customers than those that do. The internet is the first place that most people will now look when they need to find something, so promoting online is something you cannot afford to ignore. Your competitors will certainly be taking every advantage that it can offer.
3. Answering questions. Your website should be informative, answering the questions that potential clients are likely to ask. A simple FAQ page can provide the majority of the information that they may need, and this can help to persuade them that your business is the right one for their needs.
4. Targeted advertising is a major part of online promotion, and it helps to reach your most likely customer base through adverts and links on a wide variety of social networking pages. This is also much cheaper than traditional advertising, and people are likely to investigate a link that appears interesting.
5. Promoting online through a website or a social media page also allows easy customer feedback and recommendations to be made. Having an online presence with positive customer testimonials will attract even more business, without you needing to do much more than set up the pages and ensure that they are up-to-date.